KosherEye Featured Kitchen Tool
Bye Bye Chip Clips – Hello FreshTape!
We discovered this innovation at the AmericasMart summer gift and gourmet show. What a great idea. Simply fold over the bag, use this tape to seal the bag.
• Made in the USA
• Helps keep pantry organized
• Available in several fun designs
• Recyclable and reusable
About the FreshTape founders;
Liz and Laura have been BFFs since they worked together in rock and roll radio in Chicago (The Loop). They've gotten married (several times, truthfully) raised kids, travelled, run households, helped parents and have led very full, very messy lives. Like yours.
They got tired of using lame bag clips that held sticky germs and were the wrong size. They were tired of throwing away food that got stale or freezer burned. And they didn't have the time to rearrange everything in happy little containers, either.
There had to be a better way. So they invented one. Made in America. Recyclable. BPA and Phthalate free. And it really works. Really.
Coming soon to a store near you.
Order FreshTape now at: FreshTape
Helen Chen's Asian Kitchen
Sushi Making Kit
From HIC Harold Import Co.
Helen Chen's easy to use Asian Kitchen Sushi Making kit takes the fear out of making sushi rolls. You can now consider sushi a family activity – yes, even the children can roll.
Sushi rolls combine vinegar-seasoned rice with raw, smoked or cooked fish, cooked or fresh vegetables, and pickles into a myriad of shapes and sizes. It has made its way onto most American and International restaurants, and now it can easily be prepared at home.
One of the most popular types of sushi is rolled sushi (maki-zushi) made with seasoned sushi rice and a filling and wrapped in a seaweed sheet (nori). It's shaped into rolls, cut into bite-sized pieces and served with Japanese horseradish (wasabi), pickled ginger (gari) and dipped in soy sauce. It is fun to make, delicious, and can be made with a wide variety of fillings. We often serve it as an appetizer on Shabbos!
Suggested fillings to use in your rolled sushi:
• Asparagus (parboiled)
• Carrots (parboiled and cut into thin strips)
• Green beans (parboiled)
• Spinach (parboiled, water squeezed out)
• Cucumber (seedless is best)
• Japanese pickled vegetables
• Takuwan (pickled daikon radish)
• Abura-age (tofu, sliced thin, seasoned and fried)
• Pickled ginger
• Egg Omelet
• Tuna (sushi-quality raw tuna)
• Smoked salmon or other smoked fish
• Kosher Surimi (crabsticks)
• Sesame seeds (black or white)
Watch this Video and get inspired: Helen Chen demonstrates how to make sushi rolls with her sushi making kit from HIC Harold Import Co.
Helen Chen's Asian Kitchen Sushi Making Kit contains three different sized sushi shape molds, a spatula, a slotted rice paddle, and an instruction booklet. You will need Nori sheets (Emerald Cove brand is kosher) and of course your choice of fillings. Some of our favorite fillings are faux crab, avocado, scallions, and cucumbers. Simply follow the directions in the kit – press, roll and release! You will be a sushi maven in no time! To purchase the kit, click here: Helen Chen's Asian Kitchen Sushi Making Kit.
For an easy sushi rice recipe, seesssss: How to Make Sushi Rice
Hutzler Quick Whip
Fresh Whipped Cream in a Minute!
How we love our fresh whipped cream- all 4 seasons of the year. In spring and summer we pair it with ice cream and frozen desserts. In winter we dollop it on our hot chocolate and coffee and decorate cakes. Yes it is a cinch to make with our hand mixer, but for a small batch, we like this the Hutzler Quick Whip a terrific non-electric kitchen tool. Make delicious fresh whipped cream in 60 seconds and then decorate from the same unit!
- Makes fresh whipped cream in just 60 seconds
- No cartridges or electricity needed
- Ideal for frothing milk for coffee drinks
- Dishwasher safe & BPA Free
- Includes decorating nozzles for elegant presentation and filling pastries
- The canister doubles as a storage container
No chargers are needed, which saves money and storage space. Best of all, you get rich whipped cream made with fresh ingredients and your choice of flavors!
Recipe for Quick Whip Whipped Cream
Just pour heavy whipping cream in the canister. Add some flavoring such as vanilla, and 1 teaspoon of sugar - pump the handle for 60 seconds and serve. Then simply attach one of the included decorating nozzles to quickly and easily decorate a cake or dessert. Decorative tips are included so you can make rosettes, designs, or pipe out a name on a cake.
See more at: http://www.gourmac.com/quickwhip.html#sthash.FHCyzuts.dpuf
Cook rice right in the microwave. . . now, how easy is that! The Lékué Rice Cooker allows you to prepare rice and grains easily and quickly right in the microwave. What a time saver!
Here's how...no need to boil water first. Just add the rice and liquid, and follow cooking directions. The cooker is designed so that water doesn't overflow and the microwave stays clean.
The cooker is designed to go from microwave to table and can be used as a server. It can be used for much more than rice. It can cook a wide variety of other grains such as couscous, oats, quinoa, buckwheat (kasha) and more.
- Allows you to cook rice and grains in the microwave
- Saves time... no need to boil water first
- Because of its design, water doesn't overflow...microwave stays clean
- From kitchen to table. With its simple, practical and highly attractive design
- Not only for rice. Can be used for a wide variety of grains
such as couscous, wheat, barley, oats, buckwheat and more
- Design based upon scientific research and testing
- Dishwasher safe: made of plastic and 100% platinum silicone
- Makes up to 6 servings of rice
Recipe book: http://www.lekueusa.com/info/rice-cooker-recipes2013.pdf
The Perfect Pie Plate
by Rose Levy Beranbaum
Designed by Rose Levy Beranbaum, host of the PBS cooking series Baking Magic and cookbook author, this glazed ceramic pie plate features deeply fluted edges that serve as a mold to press dough. With lovely fluted edges, Rose's Perfect Pie Plate is the perfect bakeware accessory for pies, quiches and cobblers and more.
The glazed ceramic plate evenly absorbs heat to bake a crisp bottom, and the dish goes from oven to table. You can bake, cut and serve on the high-fired nonstick cooking surface, which also provides easy release and cleaning. Rose's pie plate is safe for oven, microwave, freezer and dishwasher. The scratch-free glazed ceramic absorbs no fats, odors or bacteria and resists discoloring.
- Rose Levy Beranbaum, author of The Cake Bible, The Cake Bible and host of the PBS television series Baking Magic, has designed her ideal ceramic pie plate
- Deep fluted edge serve as a mold to form a lovely scalloped crust that holds up well during baking. Plate is shaped to create an easy decorative border
- The plate measures 9 inches with a 4-cup capacity
- Fine-quality ceramic absorbs and distributes heat evenly to bake a crisper crust
- Rose has written (and includes) a booklet containing the how-to's of pie baking along with scrumptious pie crust and pie recipes
Rose's pie plate is produced by the world-renowned Harold Import Company. Since 1957, the family-run Harold Import Company has produced more than 20 million premium porcelain products used worldwide in famous restaurants, catering facilities, hotel dining rooms, cooking schools and by home chefs. The Harold Import Company ceramics line offers years of superb cooking, beautiful tabletop serving and effortless cleanup.
For recipes and baking tips visit: http://www.realbakingwithrose.com
Buy here: Beranbaum fluted pie plate
<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next > End >>
Page 1 of 25